At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 71 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N145.65 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 38,921.78 points, to reflect a loss of 0.71% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Friday 10th September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.28 trillion from N20.42 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –3.35%.
The market breadth closed negative as VERITAS led 14 Gainers, and 20 Losers topped by LINKASSURE at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,348.94 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- VERITAS up +9.52% to close at N0.23
- AIICO up +4.21% to close at N0.99
- JAPAULGOLD up +4.08% to close at N0.51
- ABCTRANS up +2.94% to close at N0.35
- LIVESTOCK up +2.88% to close at N2.14
NGX ASI Top losers
- LINKASSU down –6.56% to close at N0.57
- CADBURY down –5.88% to close at N8.00
- NPFMCRBNK down –5.71% to close at N1.65
- AIRTEL down –4.67% to close at N715.00
- LASACO down –4.41% to close at N1.30
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- UBA – 15,261,305.00 units
- GTCO – 12,158,013.00 units
- LINKASSU – 11,706,204.00 units
- ACCESS – 11,280,083.00 units
- FIDELITY – 10,748,743.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- AIRTEL – N643,817,706.50
- GTCO – N328,578,916.40
- ZENITHBANK – N241,561,041.45
- MTNN – N213,765,027.90
- UBA – N116,727,217.85
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 14 gainers were surpassed by 20 losers.